The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) in the United States 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander recognized with the highest recognition in Top Safety Pick+ safety.
The Top Safety Pick+ not only recognizes vehicles that can protect its occupants in the event of an accident, but those that include security systems that can prevent or mitigate a collision anywhere in the vehicle.
2016 Mitsubishi Outlander has provided with reinforced bodywork RISE Body and the following security features: Hill Start Assistance (Hill Assist), Brake Assist System (BAS), knee airbag for driver, front air bags, side of front-rear curtain air bags, front side airbags, Active Stability Control (ASC), Traction Control (TCL), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD), anti-lock brakes (ABS), among other features.
A vehicle must obtain the best rating possible in five demanding tests of the IIHS:
- Side impact with a large SUV or a pickup truck.
- Offset crash with moderate displacement.
- Head-on collision with slight displacement.
- Resistance of the roof in case of rollover.
- Rear collision with possibility to cause whiplash.